Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Broken to Beautiful!

Last week I thought I found a great deal on Craigslist, but it turned out to be a total bust. The only problem is I didn't realize I got ripped off until after I paid $50, hauled it down 3 flights of stairs, and drove over an hour to pick up the stupid thing. Once I got home, Brandon helped me haul our "new dresser" inside then started freaking out at me once he realized some of the drawers were broken. Saying things like, "This is all my fault. I should've gone with you. I can't believe you didn't check the drawers first". Well, I tried to check the drawers but when they didn't work, the girl selling the dresser to me said, "oh one of the drawers is just off track. It'll be easy to fix, I just haven't gotten around to it". Is it so wrong that I actually believe what people tell me?? That I actually treat people like they are innately good and not liars until proven trustworthy?? I think wasting a measly $50 is a small price to pay to keep my faith in humanity.
Enough preaching....Here's some pics of the infamous dresser and what I decided to create out of the broken pieces...
(Disclaimer: Brandon just read this and "freaked out at me" b/c I said above that he "freaked out at me" when he clearly didn't. He in no way shape or form was angry or mad at ME, just upset someone ripped me off. I tend to over-dramatize the situation at times...)
The broken, ridiculous excuse for a dresser! I'm such a sucker for a good deal!
The remaining drawers that wouldn't work


I decided to make the broken dresser into something funcional. The 3 broken drawers are now a side table :-)

After I took the knobs off the drawers I made them into door hanger thingys.

Working on my meditation corner!


The finished project! It actually turned out kinda cool. I even hemmed the fabric before I nailed it up. Who knew I could sew?








1 comment:

  1. You are such a wierdo but i love it. So glad i found your blog. I cant believe it took me this long. When are you coming to see me? Hopefully soon. I need it.

    ReplyDelete