Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Law and the Criminaly Insane


Today as I read on the fourth floor of the law library, my topic of study for my Criminal Law class dealt with what constitutes insanity. After watching the Washington Huskies get dominated by a Stanford team loaded with intellects, I feel I can explain how insanity feels. The Huskies, losers of 12 in a row last year, are coming off the programs biggest win in over 6 years, a win against 3rd ranked USC. The pundits have been drinking purple kool aid and even the draft gurus have began praising our QB as a top 10 NFL prospect. As a die hard Husky fan who has stayed by the team through Gilbertson, Willingham and an 0-12 season, its been hard not to want to believe the hype and the positive signs. Then we go to Stanford, a team that has not gone to a bowl game since the 2001 Seattle Bowl (which by the way doesn't exist anymore), and proceed to get our you know whats pounded into the ground. Is it insane for me to believe that this team will one day turn it around? Should I just give up when I see a 6'1'' 235lb white guy run for 200 yds on our defense as if we wanted him to win the Heisman? Is it crazy to think that our QB should be able to hit an open reciever when the game is on the line? Is it too much to ask for our defense to get one sack all game? After tonights game it was clear the Huskies are overrated and not worthy of a top 25 ranking. Will that day come when us Husky fans can once again complain about going to the Holiday Bowl and winning 9 games? I think so, but after tonight it would be insane to think it's going to happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment