Thursday, October 15, 2009

Storm Watch 2009


I've been watching the news lately and the past few days all I've heard about is this "storm" that is heading our way. Yesterday was the first official day of the "storm". It turned out to be one of the nicest days in the past week or so...80 degree weather, sun shining--perfect if you ask me! I went to the beach and was happy to see how big the waves were from this supposed "storm". I spent the afternoon laying out reading and boogie boarding :-) Today is another beautiful, sunny day and I couldn't be happier about it!
It's been quite a struggle the past couple weeks with the stress of not having my RN license in CA come through yet, and not being able to get any answers on how much longer that process will take. Since I don't have my license I can't get a job, so my days are filled with frustration and stress, making this sunny, warm weather a much welcomed surprise! To add to my surprises I got some VERY exciting news this morning. My sister Amanda and her family will be coming down to Disneyland in 2 weeks! I will be picking them up after they spend a few days at Disneyland and driving them down here to stay with us for 3 days. The kids (McKenna & Bryson) will be here over Halloween and we're SOOOO excited to take them to Seaworld, the San Diego Zoo and the beaches! I've been missing the kids so much and just can't wait to hug and kiss them.
My last fun, happy surprise came last night when I was opening the gate that leads to our door and I saw a tree that had a big flower that just bloomed. I walked over to see what it was and found my favorite flower (and favorite color)! I've always wanted a hibiscus tree and now I have one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment